The purpose of Lindenfeld Association’s “Ajungem mari” educational program is to help children from foster care and struggling families “Become Great”, responsible and independent people. With the help of a large volunteer team, we strive to reduce the trauma caused by abandonment and separation from the family and to pass on to the children not only knowledge, but also moral values for a healthy and dignified life.
We work with over 2200 institutionalized children and teenagers aged between 3 and 20 years old, from Bucharest and 24 counties. We offer them help, education and support through our team of aprox. 1600 volunteers who are involved in many projects such as school preparation sessions, recreational and educational outings, trips, personal development camps, professional orientation visits in companies, vocational counseling, financial and entrepreneurial education, health and sexual education, computer and informatics education, therapy.
In order to meet the specific needs these children have we want to help them even more by offering therapy sessions (speech therapy, psychological counseling and psychotherapy, sandplay, therapy through games) for the most vulnerable children and teenagers we work with.
Thus, we want to offer them the chance to develop their communication skills, learn to explore and express in a safe way their strong emotions associated with traumatizing life experiences (neglect, abuse, abandonment, institutionalization), develop their self-control capacity, tolerance to frustration, self-esteem.
The cost for one therapy session for a child is 100 lei. With 400 lei we can cover the costs for a child to go 1 month to therapy.
This sum can be obtained by every fundraiser by inviting his family and friends to cheer for him or her.
All the projects branded “Ajungem Mari” emphasize children’s personal development – raising self-confidence and forming communication and teamwork skills. We use interactive educational methods and offer them memorable experiences, encouragement, motivation and guidance..
- “Share your passion!” – volunteering project in which young people teach the children about domains that they are passionate about, through games and interactive activities: math, Romania language and literature, English, photography, music, dance, film making, theatrical arts and so on.
- Explorer for a day is a project through which we offer children and teenagers the chance to explore the city, to visit and discover new places, to socialize with new people by taking them to movies, museums, different playgrounds, theatre, parks, escape room, laser tag or various festivals and events.
- “Discover yourself!” is the project which helps children and teenagers from foster care centers to know themselves better and develop their abilities through courses outside the centers held by partners or volunteers, through personal development workshops and speech therapy.
- “Dare to dream!” – first steps in career management and guidance, through interactive and motivational visits in companies, factories and various work places and vocational counseling.
- “GREAT vacation” – personal development camp in the mountains or at the seaside, filled with team games, creativity, role-playing and movement games.
Thank you for your support!