“Casa Ioana” Association
The Casa Ioana Association is a Romanian NGO registered in 1995, which provides temporary accommodation and professional psychosocial support services to women and children experiencing domestic violence and family homelessness.
What we are:
- Bucharest’s largest single provider of accommodation and specialist support
- Supporting 20 families and 9 single women at any one time
- A grass-roots organization with 20 years’ experience working with vulnerable groups
- A team of six professionals with 45 years of cumulative experience in the field
- A dedicated team of volunteers
- The Romanian national representative of FEANTSA (the European Federation of National Organisations working with the Homeless).
- Accredited by the European EQUASS Assurance for providing quality services
Casa Ioana Association Values
Responsibility / Recognition
Primary needs help
Actions regarding changes / Services
Casa Ioana passionately believes that ‘everyone has the right to decent housing, meaningful activities, satisfying relationships and the good health to enjoy life.’ To help achieve this, we offer support with:
- Safe temporary accommodation
- Assistance in obtaining institutional support
- Psychological/social counselling
- Obtaining identity documents
- Registering with a family doctor
- Registering with pre –school and scholarship programmes
- Developing social abilities
- Social integration and development of meaningful activities
- Training in personal financial management
- Educational, parental, health and motivational workshops
- Individual action plans for self-dependency
Casa Ioana’s mission is ‘to make a positive difference in the lives of families and single women confronted with domestic violence together with other families and single women facing or at risk of social exclusion.’
We empower women and children to rebuild their lives, free from violence and fear, by providing a wide-range of life-saving and life-changing services, as well as a voice for the voiceless.
Domestic violence is a problem for society, and not only for families and individuals. It will only end when social attitudes change and we all take responsibility for speaking out and confronting it.
A clear national coordinated response, together with adequate funding, is necessary to successfully confront this phenomenon. More information at www.casaioana.org
Why support us?
Supporting Casa Ioana means helping us in our life saving and life changing work. Our work offers a new beginning for women and children experiencing domestic violence and family homelessness. We have worked in this domain for 20 years and now need YOUR help to continue this important work
By running for Casa Ioana Association at the Bucharest International Marathon, you will be helping us move towards this goal.